Friday 9 May 2014

Day 6: Be grateful

Quotes
Be thankful for what you have; you'll end up having more. If you concentrate on what you don't have, you will never, ever have enough.      Oprah Winfrey

He is a wise man who does not grieve for the things which he has not, but rejoices for those which he has.      Epictetus

Many people who order their lives rightly in all other ways are kept in poverty by their lack of gratitude.      Wallace Wattles

Bible Verse
I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do all this through him who gives me strength.    Phil. 4:12-13

Inspiration
Grateful: Art Garfunkel
)


Gratitude Link
8 ways

Journaling
Do you compare your life with other people’s lives?    If so, with people who have more or people who have less than you?
What does ‘enough’ mean to you?

Technique
Marbled background
)

Action
Clear out some clothes or other items and give them to the charity shop. (Goodwill). UK taxpayers can Gift Aid these.

And finally
Here is today's PDF.   Don't forget to share your work by adding a link to your page, flickr or blog using the linky.  Or tweet using #21daysinMay2014

4 comments:

  1. Thank you, Bernice. Because of your blog I've resurrected my "Simple Abundance Journal of Gratitude" by Sarah Ban Breathnach. I'm using it as my journal for this challenge. I had become quite the complainer, failing to see my very blessed life despite its challenges at present. I'm developing an attitude of gratitude again. Today I actually did some art journaling in my journal. Pretty basic but I'm happy with it. Thanks to you and Mary Brack for inspiring me to create....just as I am, how I am, and with what I have. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for sharing with us. I hope you will share your pages also.

      Delete
  2. I'd like to share my pages but not sure how to upload. #technochallenged

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Could you email me please? Msbernice7@me.com

      Delete